Frequently Asked Questions
What type of products and sports do you supply?
KPI Sports is a teamwear supplier, specialising in uniforms for sporting clubs, schools and workwear. We specialise in a wide range of sports uniforms, such as football kits (soccer uniforms), netball, rugby, Aussie Rules, touch uniforms, hockey uniforms, basketball uniforms, cricket uniforms, rowing, athletics, cricket, bowls, quidditch, fishing, darts, roller derby and more. We also supply school leaver shirts and a wide range of off-field apparel including jackets, track suits, pullovers, and polo shirts.
As well as uniforms (apparel) we also supply a wide range of sporting equipment, training accessories, footballs and netballs. As well as our in-stock range of balls and equipment, we supply custom balls, with your club logos and colours, and custom sporting equipment.
What types of team uniforms or sports uniforms can we buy?
There are 3 mains type of uniforms:
- Fully customised Sublimated apparel, which can be fully customised. Sublimation orders are custom made in our factory
- In-stock with decoration Ready to go stock apparel, which can be purchased “as is”, or customised through applying club or sponsor logos, names and numbers Off-field apparel, such as jackets, hoodies and polos. These can be fully customised or sold as ready to go stock
- If you’re not sure about what kind of uniform would be best for your team, just drop us a line and our experienced team can help!
Sizing and Fit
Our sizing is standard Australian sizing. For in-stock items our children sizing ranges from XX Youth Small to Youth Large. For custom products, unisex, ladies and children’s fits are available.
Check our website for size charts and refer to the table below for a conversion guide for our children’s sizing.
Do you have sizing kits available?
Yes, we have sizing kits for our most popular styles. We can lend these out to your club.
Sizing kits can be picked up from our showroom, or posted out to you. We ask for you to return borrowed sizing kits within 2 weeks.
Orders can be picked up free of charge from our showroom. Delivery costs depend on the size of the order and delivery location.
Delivery is usually by courier except where Australia Post is the only service available. Delivery times depend on the delivery location.
How are you different to other companies?
- Service: the KPI Sports customer service is the best in the market. We are an Australian owned business with all decision making, management, customer service, production, design and support based in Brisbane. We control our range, our brand and our service. We do not rely on overseas owners or brands to determine our product range. Our products and service are tailored 100% to our customer base.
- Experience: the KPI expertise is in supplying to community sporting clubs, professional sporting clubs, associations, schools and businesses. We understand the challenges and complexity faced by our customers. Our team are personally involved with sporting clubs as well as working with committees as customers every day. We take pride in our understanding of our customers’ unique circumstances.
- Quality: We stand by our products. Our garments are constructed to last for multiple playing seasons. Our fabrics are high quality, light-weight and durable and are tested in the harsh Queensland climate. We use a 3-step QC process to ensure consistency of quality in the products we provide our customers.
- Reliability: We do not make false promises. We give you honest and realistic information about delivery timeframes. Our garments are tried and tested. Our sizing is the same across years and garment types.
Do you sell wholesale?
Yes. If you are a sporting club, association, school, business or similar organisation, please contact us for wholesale pricing.
Do you offer sponsorship?
Yes, we do offer sponsorship to clubs that choose KPI Sports as their preferred apparel supplier. Contact us via email or phone to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
What happens if something is wrong with our order?
Please get in touch with immediately if the delivered order is not correct. For any mistakes we have made or faulty product, your garment will be replaced.
We do require the faulty product to be returned and / or photos of the problem item to be sent to us to verify.
Custom Uniform FAQs
What types of garments / club apparel can I customise?
Most types of uniform can be customised, below are the most common types of sports garments we produce “made to order” for our customers
Playing and training apparel
Football jerseys (soccer jerseys)
Football shorts (soccer shorts)
Football kits (soccer kits)
Football socks (soccer socks)
Football training singlets
Netball short tights (netball bike shorts)
Netball training singlets
Netball bib patches
Basketball singlets or Basketball jerseys
Basketball socks (crew socks)
Long sleeve cricket shirts
Short sleeve cricket shirts
Rugby jerseys (rugby jerseys)
Rugby shorts (rugby shorts)
Rugby kits (rugby kits)
Rugby socks (rugby socks)
Rugby training singlets
Aussie rules guernsey
Aussie rules jersey
Aussie rules shorts
Roller derby singlets
Off-field apparel and Club apparel
- Club polo shirts
- Club jackets
- Track jackets
- Track pants
- Spray jackets
What is sublimation?
Sublimation (in custom uniforms) is a process where detailed designs can be directly “printed” on to fabric, the fabric is then cut and sewn together to make the garment. This means that very detailed and unique designs can be added to uniforms. Using sublimation allows sporting teams, clubs, associations, schools and businesses to fully customise their uniforms with unique colours, designs, sponsors, numbers and names, giving your club or school a unique identity the your members can be proud of.
Can you design our uniform?
Yes, we can create a unique design for your club, work with an existing design, use a design you have come up with yourself, or you can choose from one of our templates. If you are not sure about where to start, have a look through some of the templates in our custom section. All our design work is done by our team who are experienced in turning design concepts into real uniforms. They will provide practical tips and suggestions when creating a design for your team, school or work.
Can you match our existing uniform?
We can match your existing uniform design, as long as your club “owns” the design. We cannot directly copy a design created by another apparel company or designer, but we can create something similar.
We can also match colours, however this is only possible by providing us with a physical sample. Customers and clubs will often send an example of their current uniform so we can match colours to their existing uniforms.
What are turnaround times
Custom products: for fully customised products, the normal turnaround is 4 – 6 weeks, from the date you confirm your order with us. This means the order is fully confirmed including all sizing and quantities and the final design artwork is approved.
Ready-to-go stock products: shipped immediately, however if you would like to add customisation (such as logos and numbers), the turnaround time varies for the customisation you need:
- Embroidery: 2-3 weeks
- Heat sealed logos, numbers and letters: 2 – 4 business days
- Screenprinting: 2-3 weeks
Covid-19 statement: freight times are currently impacted by Covid-19. This is impacting international and domestic freight and remains unpredictable. Talk to your account manager to determine if current freight delays will impact the timing of your order.
What is your Ordering Process for custom designs?
Your Account Manager will discuss your design requirements and other order details, such as sizing, numbers, and when you need your order. Your order is then processed and all the details confirmed with you. Before we start full production, we require a 50% deposit payment. After the deposit is received, production artwork is created for your approval and then full production commences.
What are minimum order quantities?
Order quantities for fully custom products are as follows:
- Sublimated Apparel: 10 units
- Sublimated netball bibs: 5 sets
- Socks: 30 pairs
- Long sleeve school leaving jerseys: 30 units
- Customised Cut N Sew: 100 units
- Scarves: 100 units
- Custom footballs and custom netballs: 100 units
What types of fabrics do you use?
We use high quality light-weight, durable and moisture-wicking fabrics designed for active use and performance sports environments. Our fabrics are extensively tested in the harsh northern Australian climate and are products that are built to last.
Some of our most popular fabrics for sublimation are here:
Duralite: a light-weight, durable and moisture wicking fabric excellent for most sports. Duralite is a 150gsm polyester material that is perfect for sublimation and the basis of much of our stock range.
AeroMax: an ultra-comfortable high performance 150gsm polyester material perfect for polo shirts, singlets and netball dresses. Includes a tight weave flow pattern.
DriMesh: an ultra-lightweight stretch fabric used in our performance jerseys. Ultra-light is a premium fabric most commonly used for senior or high-performance teams.
ProStretch: used in netball shorts and performance netball dresses, ProStretch can be sublimated or added to a garment as “cut n sew” to improve flexibility and movement.